This qualification reflects the role of workers participating in the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure, health activities and programs to improve the daily lives of people with varying care needs in residential facilities, community services and day centres, including working with people supported by the NDIS.
This course can be delivered in a flexible program of classroom training and self-paced learning activities. The program runs for 12 months, including:
- 20 weeks’ workshop (2 days per week)
- 3-4 week’s work placement (40 hours equivalent/week )
- Includes Self-directed learning
- The completion of a minimum of 120 hours of work at a care facility which can be organised by ARC Training.
ARC Entry Requirements
To be eligible for this course, students must:
- have completed Year 12 or equivalent;
- have work experience in the CHC sector;
- 18 years old or over at the time of course commencement;
- have a minimum ACSF Level 4;
- complete a language, literacy and numeracy test;
- have basic computing skills;
- be physically fit and able to assist clients;
- provide a National Police Check;
- provide a Working with Children Check (only if required by the workplace);
- provide a Vaccination Card (only if required by the workplace);
- be able to attend work placement;
- must have access to a computer with an internet connection, and
- provide their USI.
Training and Assessment Activities
Assessment methods may include but are not limited to:
- Short answers, projects, reports, demo / role-play, portfolio
Mode of Delivery:
- Face to face
- Digital Classroom*
Students will be provided the following support services:
- LLN support
- Career counselling
- Assessment support
- Referral to personal counselling.
Possible Job Roles
- Leisure and therapy assistant
- Assistant in nursing
- Recreational activities officer
ARC Training does not guarantee successful completion of this course and obtain employment.
The course is delivered as a Fee For Service training program, funding may be available for eligible participants in NSW, ACT and QLD. Please contact our NSW and ACT team on 1300 793 146 or our QLD team on 1300 793 184 for more information.
Fee for Service
Total student fee:
Fee for Service: $5,500
ARC Training can organise a payment plan with you to cover the cost of the course. Please contact an ARC Training representative for more information on 1300 793 146 in NSW and ACT or 1300 793 184 in QLD.
There are seventeen (17) units of competency to complete, comprising of ten (10) core units and seven (7) elective units of competency. Please see below for our standard CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health.
One of our ARC representatives will be happy to discuss unit selection, recognition of prior learning and credit transfer.
|CHCCOM002||Use communication to build relationships|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLAH001||Work effectively in the leisure and health industries|
|CHCLAH002||Contribute to leisure and health programming|
|CHCLAH003||Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs|
|CHCLAH004||Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs|
|CHCLAH005||Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of the older person|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS003||Support community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and well being|
|CHCMHS004||Work collaboratively with the care network and other services|
RTO Code: 91007 Train Australia Pty Ltd t/as ARC Training.
ABN: 161 097 925 56
ARC Training: training and education solutions for individuals and businesses Australia wide.
Your education is our focus, our support team are available to assist you right now!