This qualification reflects the role of workers in the disability sector in a range of community settings and clients’ homes. To encourage people with varying disabilities to be independent, participate in the community, support relationships and provide individualised care.
This course can be delivered in a flexible program of classroom training and self-paced learning activities. The program runs for 12 months, including:
- 17 weeks’ workshop
- Self-directed learning
- 3 weeks’ work placement
- The completion of a minimum of 120 hours of work at a care facility which can be organised by ARC Training.
ARC Entry Requirements
To be eligible for this course, students must:
- have completed Year 12 or equivalent;
- have work experience in the CHC sector;
- be 18 years old and over;
- have a minimum ACSF Level 4;
- complete a language, literacy and numeracy test;
- have basic computing skills;
- be physically fit and able to assist clients;
- provide a National Police Check;
- provide a Working with Children Check (only if required by the workplace);
- provide a Vaccination Card (only if required by the workplace);
- be able to attend work placement;
- must have access to a computer with an internet connection, and
- provide their USI.
Training and Assessment Activities
Assessment methods may include but are not limited to:
- Short answers, projects, reports, work placement assessments, demo / role-play
Mode of Delivery:
- Face to face
- Digital Classroom*
Students will be provided the following support services:
- LLN support
- Career counselling
- Assessment support
- Referral to personal counselling.
Possible Job Roles
- Disability support worker
- Community care worker
- Residential care officer
- Personal care assistant
ARC Training does not guarantee successful completion of this course and obtain employment.
The course is delivered as a Fee For Service training program, funding may be available for eligible participants in NSW, ACT and QLD. Please contact our NSW and ACT team on 1300 793 146 or our QLD team on 1300 793 184 for more information.
Fee for Service
Total student fee:
Fee for Service: $5,500
ARC Training can organise a payment plan with you to cover the cost of the course. Please contact an ARC Training representative for more information on 1300 793 146 in NSW and ACT or 1300 793 184 in QLD.
There are fourteen (14) units of competency to complete, comprising of eleven (11) core units and three (3) elective units of competency. Please see below for our standard CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
One of our ARC representatives will be happy to discuss unit selection, recognition of prior learning and credit transfer.
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centered behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centered service responses|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability|
|CHCDIS008||Facilitate community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS009||Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centered|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centered services to people with complex needs|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCDIS004||Communicate using augmentative and alternate communication strategies|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
RTO Code: 91007 Train Australia Pty Ltd t/as ARC Training.
ARC Training: training and education solutions for individuals and businesses Australia wide.
Your education is our focus, our support team are available to assist you right now!