This qualification reflects the role of workers in the aged care sector operating in residential settings, clients’ homes and community based environments. Workers will take responsibility to provide services to people with complex care needs, assist in program development and deliver individualised care.
This course can be delivered in a flexible program of classroom training and self-paced learning activities. The program runs for 12 months, including:
- 20 weeks’ workshop (2 days per week)
- 3-4 week’s work placement (40 hours equivalent/week )
- Includes Self-directed learning
- The completion of a minimum of 120 hours of work at a care facility which can be organised by ARC Training.
ARC Entry Requirements
To be eligible for this course, students must:
- have completed Year 12 or equivalent;
- have work experience or is an existing worker in the CHC sector;
- 18 years old or over at the time of course commencement;
- Student must already hold the Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification) and be an Existing Worker in the Aged Care industry sector*
- have a minimum ACSF Level 4;
- complete a language, literacy and numeracy test;
- have basic computing skills;
- be reasonably fit and able to support and assist clients with their physical requirements;
- provide a National Police Check;
- provide a Working with Children Check (only if required by the workplace);
- provide a Vaccination Card (only if required by the workplace);
- be able to attend work placement;
- have access to a computer with an internet connection, and
- provide their USI.
Training and Assessment Activities
Assessment methods may include but are not limited to:
- Short answers, projects, reports, work placement assessments, demo / role-play
Mode of Delivery:
- Face to face
- Digital Classroom*
Students will be provided the following support services:
- LLN support
- Career counselling
- Assessment support
- Referral to personal counselling.
Possible Job Roles
- Assistant in nursing
- Community care worker
- In-home respite worker
- Personal care worker
ARC Training does not guarantee successful completion of this course and obtain employment.
The course is delivered as a Fee For Service training program, funding may be available for eligible participants in NSW, ACT and QLD. Please contact our NSW and ACT team on 1300 793 146 or our QLD team on 1300 793 184 for more information.
Fee for Service
Total student fee:
Fee for Service: $5,500
ARC Training can organise a payment plan with you to cover the cost of the course. Please contact an ARC Training representative for more information on 1300 793 146 in NSW and ACT or 1300 793 184 in QLD.
There are eighteen (18) units of competency to complete, comprising of fifteen (15) core units and three (3) elective units of competency. Please see below for our standard CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support.
One of our ARC representatives will be happy to discuss unit selection, recognition of prior learning and credit transfer.
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE003||Coordinate services for older people|
|CHCAGE004||Implement interventions with older people at risk|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS006||Facilitate individual service planning and delivery|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and well being|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCPAL001||Develop care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships|
|CHCAGE002||Implement falls prevention strategies|
|CHCCOM006||Establish and manage client relationships|
|CHCCCS021||Respond to suspected abuse|
RTO Code: 91007 Train Australia Pty Ltd t/as ARC Training.
ABN: 161 097 925 56
9 / 79 George Street
Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 8833 3999