BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have supervisory performance accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development skills. They use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
This course can be delivered via a Digital Classroom or flexible program of classroom training and self-paced learning activities. Students have up to 12 months to complete the course, including 26 weeks’ training program and self-directed learning.
Students Who Succeed in This Course Are:
Successful students of the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business qualification tend to have the same thing in common. They possess a specific set of attributes and are committed to their studies and their professional development.
The Student Attributes
- Committed to complete the course within 12 months
- Desire to be part of any industry
- Ambitious, practical, calm under pressure, honest, resilient, innovative, a team player in a diverse environment, good written and verbal communication skills
The Student Commitment
General Public Students:
These students who make a commitment to attending classes 2 days per week, 5 hours each day and to spending 15 hours weekly engaged in self-paced learning and assessment preparation, as well as submitting assessments as per the agreed deadlines and achieving mandatory attendance targets have set themselves up to be successful in this course.
Existing Worker Students:
These students who successfully complete this course typically make a commitment to complete the 12 units of competency that make up the qualification by completing one unit every three weeks. This is achieved by attending a mandatory live 2-hour Digi-class training session every three weeks and a live 2-hour Digi-class tutorial every three weeks, and then spending between 3-5 hours each week completing the assessment tasks.
Our Commitment to Our Students
We provide high-quality support services by:
- Having a dedicated trainer and program coordinator for each student
- Giving each student 24/7 access to our online learning portal
- Our trainers spending one-on-one time with students who are attending their training sessions and need extra help with their assessments
- Responding to all students in a timely manner
Students will be provided the following support services:
- LLN support
- Career counselling
- Assessment support
- Referral to personal counselling.
ARC Entry Requirements
ARC Training’s entry requirements differ depending on what type of student you are:
- General Public – Any member of the public that meets the General ARC Training entry requirements.
- Existing Workers – Individuals who are currently employed in the industry.
To be eligible for this course as a General Public student entrant, you must be:
- Have completed a minimum of Year 10 or equivalent*;
- Be 18 years old and over;
- Have a minimum ACSF Level 3;
- Complete a language, literacy, and numeracy test;
- Have basic computing skills;
- Must have access to a computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone device with up to date software and stable internet connection (not necessary for face to face classes);
- Provide their USI
- *Year 12 or over 17 years of age.
To be eligible for this course as an Existing Worker entrant, you must be:
1) Must be an existing worker in the industry
3) Have 12 months work experience or demonstrated relevant industry experience or hold a Certificate III level qualification in Business
4) Complete a Learning, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment, and achieve appropriate ACSF LLN Level
5) Be computer literate
6) Access to device with relevant software (camera and microphone), and stable internet connection
7) Provide USI or consent for ARC to apply for USI on your behalf
Training and Assessment Activities
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business assessment methods may include but are not limited to:
- Short answers, projects, reports, demo / role-play, portfolio.
Mode of Delivery:
- Face to face and/or Digital Classroom – Includes self-directed learning.
Possible Job Roles
At the beginning of your career? Or are you looking for a career change? The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business qualification could lead to employment in a position such as:
Assistant Records Manager,
Customer service assistant ,
ARC Training does not guarantee successful completion of this course and obtain employment.
Policies, Terms & Conditions
Please click here to access the relevant Policies, Terms and Conditions that apply to your situation. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02 8833 3999 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
There are 12 units of competency to complete, comprising of 6 core units and 6 elective units of competency.
We offer one standard BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business program. Course fees may vary depending on the electives selected. Please see the below example of the standard course structure for the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business program.
One of our ARC representatives will be happy to discuss unit selection, recognition of prior learning, and credit transfer.
Our training programs adhere to the training package set out in www.training.gov.au
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace|
|BSBWRT411||Write complex documents|
|BSBCRT411||Apply critical thinking to work practices|
|BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs|
|BSBTEC404||Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment|
|BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans|
|BSBPEF401||Manage personal health and wellbeing|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBSTR502||Facilitate Continuous Improvement|
|BSBOPS404|| Implement customer service strategies|
|BSBOPS403||Apply business risk management processes|
Government funding may be available for eligible participants in ACT, NSW and QLD, please see links below. If you are not eligible for government funding the course can be delivered as a Fee for Service program. Please contact 02 8833 3999 for more information.
Please note: ARC Training will not collect prepaid fees from students in excess of $1500.00
NSW Government Subsidy
Click here for information about NSW Government Subsidy Funding.
Student Fees Payable:
Fee Exempt: $ 0 | Concession: $ 240.00 | First Qualification: $ 1,580.00 | Subsequent Qualification: $ 1,850.00
Smart and Skilled Traineeship:
Total student fee: No Fee – For eligible trainees this training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Please speak with our team to find out your eligibility.
QLD Government Subsidy
Click here for more information about QLD Government Subsidy Funding.
ACT Government Subsidy
Click here for more information about ACT Government Subsidy Funding for ACT Skilled Capital
Student Fees Payable:
Tuition Fee: $120 | Fee Concession: $ 60.00
SA Government Subsidy
Supported by Government of South Australia.
Participant Eligibility Criteria apply. Click here for more information about Skilling South Australia Government Subsidy.
Concessional: $ 148.75 | Non-concessional: $297.50
Fee For Service
Total student fee:
Face to Face Training: $5,500
Digital Classroom Training: $4,450
ARC Training can organise a payment plan with you to cover the cost of the course. Please contact 02 8833 3999 for more information.
What a polite professional supportive group of people would highly recommend to anyone seeking further training.
Upcoming BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business Course Intakes
Monthly intakes via our Online Digital Classrooms or Face to Face.
Next Steps: BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
After finishing your BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business you can continue your studies and career development by enrolling in the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management.