ACT Skilled Capital
What is Skilled Capital?
Skilled Capital is an ACT Government-funded training initiative offering a comprehensive range of services and subsidies to provide individuals the support they need to complete the training that is right for them. Train Australia Pty Ltd, trading as ARC Training (RTO # 91007), has been approved to provide training for Skilled Capital qualifications.
Skilled Capital is an ACT Government training initiative, funded by the ACT and Australian Governments.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Skilled Capital Subsidies you must at the time of enrolment be:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months; or
- A permanent humanitarian visa holder; or
- An eligible visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training and living or working in the ACT, and
- At least 15 years of age, and
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college.
- Students with an Exemption Certificate are not eligible for Skilled Capital. Students who are undertaking year 10 or year 12 equivalent study in an alternative program are eligible provided they meet the remaining eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for a Certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, you must meet the above criteria, and:
- Not have completed a Certificate III or higher (excluding foundation skills qualifications); or
- Have suffered changed circumstances which impact your ability to undertake training and/or work such as ill health.
Students cannot receive funding for a qualification they have completed within the last seven years. Students can only be subsidised for one Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
As part of our enrolment process you will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment.
For more information please visit https://www.skills.act.gov.au/sctraining
List of nominated qualifications:
|Code||Title||Student fees payable|
|Business and Customer Service||Tuition Fee||Fee Concession|
|BSB20115||Certificate II in Business||$100.00||$50.00|
|BSB30115||Certificate III in Business||$100.00||$50.00|
|BSB30415||Certificate III in Business Administration||$100.00||$50.00|
|BSB40215||Certificate IV in Business||$120.00||$60.00|
|BSB40515||Certificate IV in Business Administration||$140.00||$70.00|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support||$100.00||$50.00|
|CHC43015||Certificate IV in Ageing Support||$160.00||$80.00|
|CHC43115||Certificate IV in Disability||$220.00||$110.00|
|SIT30616||Certificate III in Hospitality||$180.00||$90.00|
|Transport and Logistics|
|TLI21616||Certificate II in Warehousing Operations||$100.00||$50.00|
|TLI31216||Certificate III in Driving Operations||$260.00||$130.00|
The ACT Government provides a contribution towards the cost of your training. Students are required to contribute to the cost of their training. The RTO has determined the Tuition Fee and Fee Concession for each of the nominated to deliver qualifications under Skilled Capital.
You may be eligible for a fee concession. Fee Concessions are available to you if, at the start of training, you hold a current and valid:
- Australian Government Health Care Card; or
- Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card; or
- Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veteran’s Gold Card.
If you are eligible for a concession, you may not have to pay part or all of your student course fee. We may be able to offer you a Fee Concession or fee waiver depending on your circumstances, this includes potentially claiming financial hardship.
At enrolment, ARC Training staff will request documents as part of the process to determine your eligibility for a concession based on the information you have provided.
If you wish to claim a fee waiver due to genuine financial hardship, please inform us at enrolment and you will be given a fee waiver application form to fill out and will be required to provide a form of evidence confirming the hardship.
Students who successfully complete their qualification are eligible for a completion payment. A completion payment will be paid directly to the student upon completion of the qualification and a survey. The completion payment is $300 for each qualification.
Students will be eligible to receive the completion payment for up to 1 year after successful completion of the qualification, provided up to date email and bank account details are confirmed.
A student is not eligible for a completion payment where more than 50% of the units are completed through Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer. A significant proportion of units completed through credit transfer may also impact on student eligibility for the completion payment.
For more information please visit: https://www.skills.act.gov.au/skilled-capital