Terms and conditions (QLD)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact:
Postal Address: Level 3, 266 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
Phone: 07 3062 4999
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- you provide us with any additional information about you
- when collecting vocational training data and information.
Your personal information (but not your sensitive information) might also be used in connection with secondary purposes including:
- Accounting purposes
- Promoting our activities
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of ARC Group
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- a workers compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers, e.g. our IT contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- any organisation requiring it for vocational educational purposes.
If you do not give us the information we seek, we maybe limited in our ability to:
- locate suitable work for you
- place you in work
- place you on a traineeship
- provide you with training/assessing services.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong.
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles (released January 2015), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to- date, we will take necessary steps to edit and correct it
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to- date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to- date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Co-ordinator whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
It is important to be aware that:
- you can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.