CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
This qualification focuses on how to follow an individualised plan and provide person-centered support. To carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of daily living for people in an aged care setting.
This course can be delivered in a flexible program of classroom training and self-paced learning activities. The program runs for 12 months, including:
- 20 weeks’ workshop (2 days per week)
- 3-4 week’s work placement (40 hours equivalent/week )
- Includes Self-directed learning
- The completion of a minimum of 120 hours of work at a care facility which can be organised by ARC Training.
ARC Entry Requirements
To be eligible for this course, students must:
- have completed Year 10 or equivalent;
- have work experience or is an existing worker in the CHC sector;
- be 16 years old and over;
- have a minimum ACSF Level 2;
- complete a language, literacy and numeracy test;
- have basic computing skills;
- be physically fit to be able to assist clients;
- provide a National Police Check;
- provide a Working with Children Check (only if required by the workplace);
- provide a Vaccination Card (only if required by the workplace);
- be able to attend work placement;
- must have access to a computer with an internet connection, and
- provide their USI.
Assessment methods may include but are not limited to:
- Short answers, projects, reports, work placement assessments, demo / role-play
Mode of Delivery:
- Face to face
- Digital Classroom*
Students will be provided the following support services:
- LLN support
- Career counselling
- Assessment support
- Referral to personal counselling.
The course is delivered as a Fee For Service training program, funding may be available for eligible participants in NSW, ACT and QLD. Please contact our NSW and ACT team on 1300 793 146 or our QLD team on 1300 793 184 for more information.
Fee for Service
Total student fee:
Fee for Service: $4,000
ARC Training can organise a payment plan with you to cover the cost of the course. Please contact an ARC Training representative for more information on 1300 793 146 in NSW and ACT or 1300 793 184 in QLD.
There are thirteen (13) units of competency to complete, comprising of seven (7) core units and six (6) elective units of competency. Please see below for our standard CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) program.
One of our ARC representatives will be happy to discuss unit selection, recognition of prior learning and credit transfer.
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCGRP001||Support group activities|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention control policies and procedures|
|HLTAID003||Provide First Aid|
RTO Code: 91007 Train Australia Pty Ltd t/as ARC Training.
ARC Training: training and education solutions for individuals and businesses Australia wide.
Your education is our focus, our support team are available to assist you right now!